Hermana Smoot

Hermana Smoot
Hermana Smoot

Monday, September 14, 2015

Week # 59 (Sept. 14, 2015) Puerto Varas: Take 2

Hello lovelies!

This week has been a lot of change, but as always really good change. I´m back in Pto. Varas which is actually in the same stake as my first area in pto Montt (where i was for 7 months) So it´s been really fun connecting with old members. I'm in one ward over but we live with the Hermanas that are in my old Area here. I was actually able to go on splits with one of them for a day becuase on of them is having hip problems. It was the weirdest/coolest thing ever. It felt like a giant day of Deja Vu. Like, literally that sensation all day long. But I was able to see a lot of members and go see the family that owns the Fruit store that gives fruit to all the missionaries.They are fabulous.So it was a good day.
My companion´s name is Hna Braithwaite. She is the coolest ever. She was actually Hna Kogianes´companion in the MTC. So her trainer went to my companion and i´m finishing the training of Hna Braithwaite. (Hna B´s trainer had knee problems so we switched sectors. This one is huge and san pablo is flat and tiny.)
ANYWAY, my companion is awesome, my area is HUGE. Like, SO big and life is good. The first day here my comp said, ya, see the houses over there? that´s our area. Oh, and those over there. and those. And it reminded me of lion king where he says to Simba "Everything that the light touches is ours" Basically the same thing.
We have an INCREDIBLE investigator that has a baptismal date for October 10th. She had been super depressed for a long time becuase of a divorce and lack of work and a lot of really sad things that were happening in her life. One day she was watching movies and came across the Emma Smith movie. She felt the spirit so strong and called one of her friends that was a member of the church and asked her how she could get more. The sisters before had visited her about 2 times and the first time her house was dark and sad and she had´nt showered for days. But the next time, my comp said that she had done a 360. She got ready and her house was clean and she had a light. The lesson we had with her we talked about baptism and invited her for the 10th and even though she doesn´t feel ready right now, she is willing to learn and wants to do it. We bore testimony of how much the gospel has blessed us and she said "Oh, it´s blessed me so much too" I was dying. I have never met anyone like that on my mission. I think it is so amazing how much God really does prepare his children. And sometimes it´s so hard to believe it when there are so many people that just don´t want anything, hear our name and run away or simply slam the door. But as we are diligent and do what we can, however far it is from perfection, god lets us know how much he loves us through the spirit and through his abundand miracles. 
Thank you so much for everything you do. I love you all so much. And i hope that you look for all the miracles that god has put in your lives. However small and insignificant they may seem! ;) Love you!!!

Love,
Hermana Smoot


The lovely Hna Braithwaite. 

The owner of our house. The adorable Hermana Maria. :)


Saying goodbye to president and his wife in San Pablo.

Old members from Pto. Montt (she told me that a couple that we found with hna McClary got married and are ready to get baptized. SO cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment