Hermana Smoot

Hermana Smoot
Hermana Smoot

Monday, August 24, 2015

Week # 52 (July 27,2015)

Hello everyone!

This week was another very quick one. That seems to happen a lot here. I really love it here in San Pablo with Hna Kogianes. It´s been an adventure adapting to new situations. I feel a new apprecition for missionary work becuase Hna Kogianes just wants to make the most of it every day. She got sick this week (which is always so much worse as a missionary) and she had to sleep for a few hours one afternoon and when she woke up, she felt bad for "wasting" some time and was just ready for to give it her all and not waste another second. She told me, "I just feel bad sometimes becuase you only have like six months left and I want you to have the best experience." First of all, how thoughtful. :) second of all, time is going by way too fast and I just don´t know what to think. But I think the key now is just to do as she said. And what you said, Dad. Just make the most of every moment and run harder that ever before. I just want to keep learning. 
This week we saw a few miracles worth mentioning.  Nicole, the one that has been reading and marking everything- we found her boyfriend/spouse. They aren´t married but we were able to teach the whole family about the importance of families and prophets and we have another appointment with them today so i hope it goes well.
Also, la familia fuentealba, who don´t have baptismal dates yet becuase they want to feel super prepared ( we are working on that) the WHOLE family came. The two f he and their daughter. It was AWESOME. It made the week a whole lot brighter.

I love you all so very much. There is so much to learn in this life, and even though sometimes it´s tiring, it´s so worth it. I found  scripture this morning that i´m going to have to paraphrase in Alma 37 vs 34 (i think) it says: Be not weary of good works but be meek and lowly in heart and you shall find reest to your soul.
I love it. Becuase even though we get tired sometimes we are feeding our soud and we will feel that rest. and the strength that comes from our heavenly father. So even though planning a wedding is stressful, god still loves you all!! And so do I!

Have a wonderful week!

LOVE,
Hermana Smoot

Hna Kogianes and SUBWAY

Hna K being attacked by Rambo and Johnny. The dogs that follow us everyday

My SUPER attractive coat for the old lady that owns our house. I lost the one from the mission and she gave me winter of ´86

There is always a lot of random excersize equipment in the parks here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment