Hermana Smoot

Hermana Smoot
Hermana Smoot

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Week # 26 (Jan 26, 2015) Planner miracle and more photos.

My comp Hermana McClary is adorable. Plus, cows. 
Photos of the week - Puerto Montt



So hipster. I live in the prettiest place in the world. 

NOCHE de hogar. Con la familia Santana-Reyes
Family NIGHT! We brought rice crispy treats and played My ten comandments game that we made. And of course jenga. 

Look where I live! PUERTO MONTT!


Hola, 

This week has been long and lovely and I just love the mission! We found lots of new people this week and have been talking to a lot of people who don´t have a lot of faith in god. I think it´s one of my favorite things to teach about god and teach that we have a heavenly father who loves us more than we can comprehend. Lot of Ammon and king lamoni moments.(without the chopping off of arms and such.) ;) 

Also, fasting brings so many miracle. Like, ridiculous amounts. I would like to share two:
If anyone has been or is a missionary, you will know that our planner is quite possible the most important thing in the entire world. It has everything that a missionary needs, all of our goals, contacts, appointments, EVERYTHING. And Hermana smoot left it in a collectivo. (like a taxi, but for a lot of people.) And she freaked out a bit. BUT, we were about to start a fast for an investigator and so we decided to fast for my planner as well. I reluctantly started using an extra empty planner and went out to talk to the people. A few hours later we were in a neighborhood and suddenly in the connecting street in front of us, a collectivo stopped. And the driver held up my planner. I could literally not believe my eyes. Hundreds of people go in and out of collectivos and they drive all over the place and there was the same driver and the same car and he somehow knew that it was mine and somehow found us. And still can´t believe it. But all I know is that Heavenly Father is so ready to give us miracles. And when we do our part and have faith in him, he WILL provide. It was quite incredible.
Also, we are teaching an investigator who is just incredible. Her name is susan and we found her during my training a long time ago. But she is progressing a ton. And she is almost ready for her baptism and really wants to be baptized, but she lacks one commandment. The law of chastity. She doesnt live with anyone or anything, just her kids, but she has a boyfriend and sheis 36 and successful and beautiful and wants to enjoy her life. Well, us missionaries, being 19 and 21 year olds without life experience, had no idea what to say or do. So we decided to pray. And we prayed and fasted and talked to a lot of people like our ward mission leader and District leader. We were hoping to recieve some sort of revelation so that we could help her progress toward conversion. And this morning, we saw another miracle. During personal study, we got a call from our ward mission leader. He told us that he had a thought-a revelation- that woke him up and he had to call us. He told us that he had recieved revelation that susan was missing the understanding of true repentance. And true understanding of the atonement of Jesus Christ. And although it was so simple, we felt as well that this really was what she needed. She always feels the spirit, but it´s the true doctrine of Jesus Christ that changes attitudes and behavior. We are going to study and strenghten our testimonies and help her to understand what really is the atonement of Jesus Christ. 
I know this church is true. Even as a missionary I still have doubts and I still have fears, but in those moments of peace as I read the scriptures and pray to my heavenly father that I can feel the spirit telling me that it´s true, telling me that I can, telling me that everything is going to be ok and that Jesus Christ is my savior. 
The basics are the most important. Do all you can to understand the atonement as you read, pray and go to church. That really changes people. 
I love you all so very much. Miracles are real. You just have to look for them and have faith. His church. This church of Jesus Christ is true. 

HAVE THE BEST WEEK EVER!!!!!!!

All my love,
Hermana Smoot




No comments:

Post a Comment