Hermana Smoot

Hermana Smoot
Hermana Smoot

Monday, January 19, 2015

Week #25 (Jan. 19, 2014) Hermana McClary is my companion.

Companion: Hermana McClary 
Place: Port Montt, Chile


Hello World!

How is everyone. I just want to take a moment to say that I love my mission. It´s incredible.  I´m still tired in the morning...and other times during the day....and there is still a lot of stress and so much to do, BUT I´M ON A MISSION!  I´m in Chile, I get to bear my testimony every day, I can speak spanish....what? when did that happen...and heavenly father is helping us every day to talk to people through the spirit and to help people come unto Christ. AND IT¨S AMAZING. I´m serious. 
Also, I´m so incredibly blessed to be here with Hermana McClary who is amazing. She is from Las Vegas, but went to went to my Highschool for a year and we are basically the same person. She only has one more transfer than me in the mission and so we are both learning together how to really do missionary work with success. We are trying super hard to work with the members of the ward and I have a lot of hope for our area. UG. Estoy tan feliz. :) (I'm so happy)

We are teaching a family, (mom father and son) right now and they are incredible. They have come to church twice as a family and are progressing more and more toward baptism. But the spirit is so strong with them and we are working hard to recieve revelation for them. It´s so crazy that two young girls from the United States have the responsiblity for the souls of these people. But what I also know is that really we are only instruments. We are here as a mouth piece for God trying our hardest and letting the grace of our heavenly father make up the difference.

I challenge all of you to love with all your heart and DO the will of the lord in everything that you´ve got. Sometimes we feel like we make the same mistakes over and over and even when we are tired with all we are doing, we still feel like we aren´t doing enough. But we can´t forget the enabling power of the atonement. Heavenly Father knows us and he knows our hearts. And we can work miracles with him. 

I love you ALL so much. There really is so much love in my heart for all of you. Thank you for all the people in the ward who sent cards for christmas (Primary -scouts) And the Atwood fam for the package!!  I feel way too loved. :) Have a beautiful week!!!!!!!


LOVE,
Hermana Smoot

Here is what sister McClary said that week: 
It's so fun to see two perspectives and to know how blessed they feel to be with each other right now.

Wow, what a crazy week! 
I just want to start off and say how much I LOVE my mission! I love being able to really feel like I am making a difference in peoples' lives. I love being able to talk about the gospel with everyone. Hermana Smoot is my new companion and she is AMAZING! She really knows what is means to be a missionary. She understands her purpose and why she really wants to serve a mission. I love her. She is from Highland, UT. She went to Lone Peak and she is friends with Madison Reese. We have LOTS to talk about since we both went to Lone Peak!

The missionary work here in Pichipelluco is progressing lots and we are having lots of families to teach! I am in a VERY rich area. My area is right by the OCEAN. The area I am in is breath-taking! It is a cruise port stop town. I wish I had a better camera to show you just how beautiful it is! Oh and they have a McDonald's here!! Everyone has cars too! It is a miracle! People don't have the excuse of not being able to get to church because they all have cars to drive! 

We are teaching 2 families right now that are really progressing. We have 2 family home evenings tonight! One of the families came to church yesterday, it was their second time at church! The dad has an iphone 6 and let me just hold it. I was so amazed! haha. His name is Marcelo, he is really awesome. He has one friend that is LDS and the whole time he has been investigating the church he has been super skeptical but his friend sent him a text message about the church and about how much it has really blessed his life and how families can really be together forever. It was amazing. The lesson was so spiritual and it was awesome to really be able to see that his opinion of the church has changed so much. I am so grateful for the testimony of his friend. I know that this work cannot move forward without the members. WE NEED YOUR TESTIMONIES!! I love this gospel! 
I am so happy because I am in a new area with an AMAZING companion and we are just so happy. 
Hermana Smoot's voice is beautiful, she loves to sing! She is really a blessing to the missionary work here in Puerto Montt.I am so grateful to be her companion! 

I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers because He has answered my prayers. Have a great week! 
Hermana McClary

No comments:

Post a Comment