Hermana Smoot

Hermana Smoot
Hermana Smoot

Monday, December 15, 2014

Week #20 (Dec. 15, 2014)

Hello Everyone!

Oh my goodness, being a missionary is so lovely. Really. It´s like I´m so tired and my body hurts and there is no time to rest, but I´m super happy. 

This week FLEW by and I´m sorry that I never have a ton of details. The days just go by so fast! Being in a trio is way too fun. There are a lot of ideas and it´s takes a little longer to get out the door with three girls. (wlecome to my entire life) But it is so fun. And we work A LOT! We´ve been really focusing this week in people that are really going to progress in the work. And therefore we have stopped teaching a lot of people that have been investigating for ever and don´t want to make decisions. It´s sad at times because everyone is a child of god and everyone will benefit from living the gospel, but it´s just not their time. One of the hardest facts to face on the mission is that everyone has their agency and we can only do so much. But in the process of this, we have been able to find amazing families! For example, we contacted a man and his son in the street and set up an appointment to visit them. And when we went, we met his wife, who is so kind and was talking about how she was really excited to recieve our message and we were all giddy inside the whole time. And they are going to be baptized and live forever as a family I just know it. 

Also, we  have really been taking advantage of La Navidad! As we knock on doors and they don´t want anything, we just say we want to sing a hymn for them. And then they listen and take our little cards and are super receptive. Also it´s super fun. Music is a miracle. 

This life is so beautiful. I´m so glad that I´m learning to enjoy life, even when there is so much to do and so much to think about and to stress about. I know with all of my heart that this chruch is true and when we excersize our faith and LIVE the gospel, we will be happy. Enjoy life here in the beautiful world, becuase we are here "that we might have JOY!" No se preocupe, sea Feliz!

MUchisimo amor,

Hermana Smoot

PS It´s really hard to speak in english. I never thought this day would come. Please excuse my grammer. Ashley, I have no idea how all your letters were so beautifully written. I can´t think of any words. ;)
xoxoxo. Disfrute la vida. 

LAs Tres! MY TRIO COMPANIONSHIP!
Hna Bretón y Hermana Harvey
 

Adorable kittens from one of the families in the ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment