Hermana Smoot

Hermana Smoot
Hermana Smoot

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Week # 14 (November 3, 2014)

Hola Familia!!

How is everyone! This week was so quick and I don´t even know what to say. A lot of rain, a lot of teaching, and.....rain. :) All I know is that when you are enjoying your life, time goes by very quickly. Muy rápido. And that is what I am doing and praying for: that I can just enjoy every moment here in the sur de Chile. Becuase it´s beautiful.

First of all, Guillermo is GOLD. Really. He is progressing so much and when he asked him if he had prayed about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, he said that he already knew it. When he reads the Book of Mormon he knows it is true. He is literally so excited to talk about what he read and understand more every time we visit. AH. It´s just the best. The change that has happened in his life is incredible. The atonement is SO REAL.

Another experience worth mentioning: We were knocking on doors in the wind and rain (welcome to Puerto Montt) and we met a woman whose mother had passed away. Although she was religious, she didn´t believe  that she was going to see her mom again. We were able to bear fervent testimonies that God has a plan for her and she CAN see her mother again in the next life. It was such a simple and beautiful experience to be able to give love and hope to someone. That´s why missionary work is so incredible. We have such an amazing knowlegde that is joyful and beautiful. 

I know with every fiber of my being that when we live our lives as god wants, and when we do the small basic things like reading praying and attending church, our lives instantly become so much better. We have eternal perspective and realize that what we are going through is only momentary. God will answer our prayers in the way we need (not want) and we can be happy, truly happy, with him in our lives.

Ug, I just can´t say how much I love this gospel. My heart is too full of joy. You are all INCREDIBLE and I love you all so much. Keep going and loving and living the gospel. :)
Much Love,

Hermana Smoot

P.S. Ashley!!! AH! I can´t believe you are coming home. WHAT is happening. GOOD luck with everything. I love you more than words can describe and I´m jealous that the fam gets to see you before me. much love!
Just a beautiful day. UG. Chile is SO PRETTY

Amaro, Camila and me. (the siblings of nicolas-baptism.)

No comments:

Post a Comment