Hermana Smoot

Hermana Smoot
Hermana Smoot

Monday, October 27, 2014

Week # 13 (Oct, 27 2014) My First Baptism!

Hello Dearest ones.

¿Como están? This week has been crazy and we feel a little destroyed...but hey! That´s a great feeling on the mission becuase it means that we´ve been working hard. 

I had my first baptism this week with our investigator Nicolas Saldivia. He is the 11 year old that is absolutely wonderful. It was so beautiful to be apart of a day so special for him. My companion and I got to sing for the service and plan the whole thing.....(hence destroyed...) But it was all worth it to see the smile on his face after the service. He is really shy, but he did tell us that he felt really happy. :) Also, The change in their family has been really beautiful to witness as his mom is reminded of all the things she learned and as the gospel fills their home with the love of christ. Ah. So beautiful. 

Also, GUILLERMO! Ah. People like him are the reason that we serve missions. Guillermo has had so much darkness in his life and now, he is literally a different person. He honestly wants to know everything about the gospel and feel the happiness and power that it brings to his life. During our lesson on the plan of salvation, after teaching him, he literally explained the whole plan, including the Fall and agency in about 2 or 3 sentences. Hna Figueredo and I were pretty much speechless from happiness. AH. The atonement of Jesus Christ is real. And makes everything possible. 

We are definitely tired and as always, there are days when I really don´t want to go outside and walk for miles and miles. But like all of Ashley´s letters, there are so many miracles in a day that make it all beautiful. Keep pressing onward in this gospel, becuase when we TRULY live it, and repent every single day to become better, God pours out his blessings upon us. 
I love you all and wish you the VERY best. Remember you all have divine potential and to enjoy every day of your life with the light of Christ. 

Love,
Hermana Smoot

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLY!!!!!!!!! You are the best! Give her a million kisses from me and tell her that I love her. :)

PPS I would like to make an official and public announcement that I have eaten chili in chile. Also, nobody knows what chili is here....funny. But it was lovely and it reminded me so much of my dear home where food is normal and not just meat, potatoes and bread. :)

xoxo

Happy Birthdy Lil bug!

Nico y su familia!

No comments:

Post a Comment