Hermana Smoot

Hermana Smoot
Hermana Smoot

Monday, October 13, 2014

Week # 11 (Oct. 13, 2014)

Hello wonderful loved ones!

I would just like all of you to know that I totally just wrote my mission president in Spanish. What? I´m awesome. That´s what. Actually no, basically I´m witnessing the Don de lenguas (gift of tounges) in my life more and more each day. And honestly, missionary work is absolutely amazing. It´s really ridiculously hard and crazy that I have the resposibility of saving souls here in Valle Volcanes in the Pichi Pelluco ward en Puerto Montt. I just pray that I can be an instrument in God´s hands and do what he needs me to do. But in all, the church is wonderful and the joy of the spirit is incredible. Inexplicably so. 

This week was really awesome and Super difficult as well. There was a lot of rejection and not a whole lot of actual appointments. Just a whole bunch of contacts and lessons in the street. Which are always fun. And really interesting. It´s crazy that some people don´t believe there is a god. It really doesn´t make a whole lot of sense to me. And also when people have all these questions and this church has ALL the answers but they don´t want them. Those moments are the most frustrating. But it´s ok. This is why we pray every day to find people that are ready.

Also, can I just mention how lucky I am to have my companion. She is the kind of missionary I want to be. She just sincerely loves and enjoys every moment of her mission and is SO focused on her purpose. I´m pretty sure she would give her whole life to missionary work if she could. (she is halfway done at this point and hates when I remind her that.) :)

At the end of this week we decided to fast for all of our investigators, specifically Hno Guillermo. He has been having a really hard time stopping his addiction to Alcohol. (Like anyone who has been drinking their whole lives) It´s just incredibly difficult becuase his family doesn´t really believe in him and he feels really alone. So we have just been doing everything possible and praying like crazy that we can figure out how to best help him. Because it is WAY over our heads at this point. But we did see so many miracles from our fast. For example, in the street, almost everyone we talked to and all the doors we knocked were almost strangely nice. Like, I thought my companion knew them from before. And one girl just let us into her house before we even introduced ourselves. What!? Heavenly father gives us so many miracles to lift us up. So the week ended well.

I challenge all of you to really look for miracles in each day. Heavenly father loves you so much and your lives and INCREDIBLY blesses. I know that more than ever when I meet broken families and homes. Count your blessings becuase you have more that you know. Like Ashley said, EXPECT MIRACLES. :) (Also good luck ashley in your last cambio....I don´t know what that word is in english....exchange? Algo asì.

I love you all and pray for you every night!! Tenga una BONITA Día!!! 

Mucho Amor,
Hermana Smoot

P.S. Fleas. Fleas.....fleas.



THIS is puerto montt. I get to look at this every day people.

The ugliest statue in puerto montt. I don´t really understand it. Apparently there is some song that goes with it. It´s really famous. But hideous.

A birthday party for one of our investigadores. We eat too much.

And also this. Just an average every day view of the lovely Hna Figueredo 

No comments:

Post a Comment