Hermana Smoot

Hermana Smoot
Hermana Smoot

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Week # 41 (May 11, 2015) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


Happy mother´s day mom! It was so great to see you via Skype all yesterday for a RIDICULOUSLY SHORT time. But, that´s how it is. We´ll talk lots in februaryish.

I don´t have a ton of time, but i just want to say that we have seen so many miracles this week. This exchange and new area has been slightly difficult finding people that really are going to progress and who are willing to act on thier faith and be baptized. We have been praying and fasting a ton and the people who are  willing to talk to us, aren´t going to change, or progress. BUT this week that changed!
After a fairly difficult day, with TONS of rejection, on friday literally EVERY door opened and let us in. The first one was someone that we can never find and we had a lovely lesson with her. The second was a family who we´ve been trying to find all MONTH and the finally let us in and gave a lesson. And the third was an new investigator who actually is a less active. BUT THREE lessons in a row and THEN a lesson with Anamaria. Which was icing on the cake. 

We found Anamaria and her family a few weeks ago and she has been progressing slowly, but surely and every time we go, she´s  a little more in tune with the spirit and a little more sure of what our purpose is. We had a lesson on the gospel of jesus christ with her and her daughter and we talked a lot about baptism. And the member that was their was able to bear her testimony of the holy ghost and how it helped her. And the spirit was really strong. We ended our lesson inviting her to be baptized and she ACCEPTED a date. She and her daughter. Now we are working on her progress. Please throw in a prayer for her as she makes this journey. That night I got home tired and full of the spirit of gratitude. God really really loves us and is watching out for us. We´ve been through some rought times this last month, but the blessing really do come after the tribulation. Even if we can´t see it right now, he is just waiting to bless us, but we have to learn in the process. 
I love you all so much. SO much. I´m so glad you are all healthy and well. Please keep enduring to the end and putting god first. He will provide. :)

Have a beautiful week! Les amo muchísimo.

Hermana Smoot
(From MOM) We were able to skype at 4:00 pm (7pm in Chile) on Sunday afternoon together. It was so fun to hear her speak a some Spanish, see her expressions and fun antics. She seems so happy! Ashley's BF Derek was there too but we didn't grab a photo- He took this one for us.
(We missed you Ally- We visited both parents earlier in the day so we could Skype)


Mom! (This is just for the record, as Steve would say)

I just wanted to write you something really quick and tell you that I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! 
I´m sorry that we didn´t talk just the two of us last night. ON CHRISTMAS for sure. :) I´ve always loved our talks so much. You are the best listener and always give great advice and help me sort our my situations. You understand me so well and get when it´s just time to go get fro yo or eat chocolate. :) 
Thank for always teaching me how to do things and how to take care of myself, but always being there when I messed up or fell down. I really, REALLY am grateful for that now in the mission. 
Also, apart from all of the amazing qualities you have as a mom,  you are just an amazing person and woman. You have always been an amazing example of charity and christlike love. Everyone just loves you, whether it´s our family or my friends or the ward members you are a source of love and support for everyone. And you never put yourself first. Which, i think, is one of the hardest christlike attributes- That of turning out and serving when everyone else would turn inward.
You are an incredible person mom and I love you so much. And i´m so utterly excited for the day when we can go out together and talk for hours and shop and just be together. Thank you for all the packages and pictures and for always worrying about me. I really feel your love so much. And i brag about you all the time here. :)
I hope you had an incredible day yesterday! Love you so much!

With all my heart,

Your daughter Ally

Tell my grandmas that i love them and think about them all the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment