Hermana Smoot

Hermana Smoot
Hermana Smoot

Friday, February 16, 2024

Jan 18, 2016 La Prueba de Fe

 Hello one and all,


Despite the denial that I am clearly in with respect to the date, I'm doing great. It's funny though because in the morning for personal studies I write the date in my journal and i have double checked it every single day the week. I can't really accept it. But hey, that's just life.

This week was really funny and tiring...mainly becuase all of our investigadors decided to disappear just as all of our goals were so high and our enthusiasm had peaked. But heavenly father knew what he was doing. At the beginning of the week i went on an exchange with the other sisters in our ward that we live with and it was awesome. We had like a million lessons and they have a ton of people with a baptismal date... and i felt really bad for feeling jealous of them. We are really struggling number-wise and it's funny becuase we are supposedly supposed to be the example....
We kept working hard and i was just getting more and more frustrated becuase nothing was turning out right. And we were SO tired from all the walking and stressing.
So on thursday during weekly planning we literally spent roughly 2 hours on the "plans to find new investigators" and tried to think of every way possible to change what we have been doing to get different results. And then, we worked. And contacted and worked. and walked and used different tactics and prayed and prayed and.....did i say pray? haha. But at the end of the week we finally started having few lessons. We FINALLY had a member present lesson and our appointment yesterday didn{t fall through! We found her the other day outside her house and she is awesome.  :) her name is carolina and she WILL be baptized. I just know it. 
Sometimes life is just funny and we are doing all that we can (which tends to be very little) but still nothing seems to go right.  And we just wonder, what else is there? What can i do? when really, we are doing everything that heavenly father want us to be doing. He is just testing our faithfulness and letting us grow and learn. And that, my friends, is the purpose of this wonderfully crazy beautiful life here. I hope I can remember that even in the darkest times :) 
I love you so much. ALL of you. I hope everything went well with the funeral. I love aunt charlene and will always remember how Grandma told me that the three of them always sang trios in the feilds of their canadian farm where they grew up. :) I'm sure she{s singing praises up with her sweetheart and meeting all the people that she's helped over the years.
Have a beautiful week :)

Love
Hermana Smoot

No comments:

Post a Comment